At this point in time, we are experiencing history in the making. As Covid-19 is impacting people across the globe, the economy is seeing the impact of mandated isolation and shutdowns, especially to the travel and events industry.
Some have lost their jobs, their motivations and purposes in life through this pandemic, while some took this opportunity to upgrade themselves and caught up with things that they couldn’t afford to spend time on in the past.
Staying motivated and positive is crucial for the times to come and important for us to keep our fighting mind on, some activities that we can continue to do while staying at home to keep ourselves motivated are:
- Communicating with our family members
- Reading and upgrading our essential skills and tools
- Research on information related to your industry, can be past years references
- Align yourself to the company directives for actions after this pandemic to better prepare yourself for the challenges ahead
Do not be afraid to try, as the saying goes, when one door closes, another door will open.
“Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.” ~ Thomas Edison
For the corporate leaders, your actions and words are the upmost effective motivating tools to the people of your organisations. Here are 5 methods that our organisations have been doing well and I personally felt motivated through this:
- Create a sense of belonging
- Enable teamwork and collaboration
- Recognize and reward good work
- Show employees that their work is meaningful
- Give employees the freedom and authority to make decisions
Lastly, give us a call if you would like to know how we can enhance your activities/events pipeline moving forward with safe and innovating ideas. Some examples are:
- Turning your events into virtual events
- Conceptualizing of the activities into a hybrid event
- Relocating your event pipeline to elsewhere
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ~ Nelson Mandela
Ang Feng Yao, Events Manager
Services – Events Management